Although this is the second time we’re celebrating our birthday in quarantine due to the pandemic, we still feel like partying and sharing some achievements of the past year with you:
- We feel proud to have contributed to the development of the recently published evidence-based first aid guidelines of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and of the European Resuscitation Council;
- We have performed a priority exercise, resulting in a top 5 of most urgent first aid-related systematic review topics;
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we partnered up with a team of volunteers and a number of organizations to translate and spread the rapid review evidence about handwashing with ash by using blogshots;
- Our team of voluntary contributors is steadily growing and currently consists of 24 first aid evidence enthusiasts from 15 countries. Cochrane First Aid would not be the same without them!
In our third year, we aim to:
- Continue to create and translate blogshots, as well as explore other products such as Cochrane Corners, infographics and visual abstracts;
- Increase the involvement of laypeople as a target audience of Cochrane First Aid;
- Disseminate priority topics for new Cochrane reviews to Networks and Groups;
- Further expand our register of relevant first aid-related systematic reviews.